Monday, October 3, 2011

Leslie Cheung's Suicide Note


After finished watching Happy Together and when I was reading articles in wikipedia about this film, I found something which had connection with Leslie Cheung, the man who played as Ho Po-Wing in Happy Together. I know I'm too late to realize this thing, I'm not into Chinese, you know. it was news in 2003 and today's 2011 already.

Cheung committed suicide on 1 April 2003 at 6:41 pm (HKT). He leapt from the 24th floor of the Mandarin Oriental hotel, located in the Central district of Hong Kong Island. He was 46 years old and He left a suicide note. you wanna know what He wrote in his note, here :


Cheung's suicide note (translation in english): "Depression! Many thanks to all my friends. Many thanks to Professor Felice Lieh-Mak (Cheung's last psychiatrist, 麥列菲菲). This year has been so tough. I can't stand it anymore. Many thanks to Mr. Tong. Many thanks to my family. Many thanks to Fei-Fei (Lydia Shum Din-ha). In my life I did nothing bad. Why does it have to be like this?"

Cheung's suicide note (Chinese): "Depression! 多謝各位朋友,多謝麥列菲菲教授,這一年很辛苦,不能再忍受, 多謝唐先生,多謝家人,多謝肥姐. 我一生沒做壞事 為何這樣?"

The things which I dont understand is, "Why does it have to be like this?" and what is "To be like this" means? what is it? what "like this" did make him killing his self?

Nah, we never really know what is things on someone else mind.
(js)

Related Post



No comments:

Post a Comment